ARTICLES AND BYLAWS
The name of this organization shall be known as, The Barn Ladies Association
A. Any woman with a UGA Handicap may join this Association upon payment of dues.
B. There shall be no refund of Association dues, which are payable in advance of playing in any tournament
C. All members must keep true scores and record every game played.
D. Dues of the Association will be $30 per person, per year, or as set by Officers.
A. The elected officers of this Association shall be: President, Vice President, Treasurer and Tournament/Handicap Chairwomen.
B. The President will elect as additional officers: State Representative, Northern Representative, Northern Captain and State Team Captain.
C. Duties of Officers
1. The President shall preside at all meetings and act as an official member of all committees. She shall call special meetings with the consent of other officers.
2. The Vice President shall assume the duties of the President in her absence and also the duties of other absent officers. She will be in charge of all the luncheons. She will take pictures at events.
3. The Treasurer shall keep a record of all club members, all receipts, an itemized account of all disbursements, receive all monies and pay all debts.
4. The Tournament Chairwoman shall be in charge of all tournaments sponsored by this club. She shall inform the newspaper immediately of all weekly tournament events and give them a list of the winners and shall be in charge of seeing that all members know how to adjust and post scores.
5. The State Representative shall assume all duties connected with the State organization and State tournaments.
6. The State Team Captain shall select eligible team members and be responsible for all team activities, correspondence, pairings and sending team results to the State.
7. The Northern Representative shall assume all duties connected with the Northern organization and Northern tournaments.
8. The Northern Captain shall select eligible team members and be responsible for all Northern activities, correspondence, pairings and sending team results to the NUWGA.
1. Elections of officers shall be at the Closing Social Awards Banquet.
A. State Team players must record 18 hole scores and hold a current 18 hole Association handicap card in order to play for The Barn team. Team players will be selected by lowest handicap.
B. State Team players for the closing team social will be selected by the number of team-plays they attended by the lowest handicap.
C. To be eligible for running for the Most Improved Player of the Year Award, a member must belong for at least one (1) year prior to the award.
D. To be eligible for the Club Champion, player must be a member of the Barn Ladies Association and have played at least 10 times, which include Tuesday and/or Saturday Ladies Day, State Team and Northern tournament played at The Barn.